Foliole Friends

Fuming, steaming, stimulating. A Camaraderie Cafe

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Watched Amol Palekar's Kairee

Last evening I saw Kairee, a movie directed by Amol Palekar. The first movie by Palekar that I saw was Thodasa Roomani Ho Jaayen, the movie all of us saw together. And then Bhartesh, Ravinder and I also sat for Ankahee, the second Palekar-directed film. I haven't yet seen Paheli or Daayraa but they are on my list. And then of course there are his Marathi films that I hope are available with subtitles.
Just wanted to share this with everyone. If you get a chance do watch Kairee, a fantastic movie. And perhaps we can share our experiences like we did when we watched Thodasa...

6 Comments:

  • At 27/9/07 7:54 PM, Blogger Bhartesh Singh Thakur said…

    Kairee is a wonderful film with good editing.I hope we would watch this movie together again.
    It is a movie where director dares to take it to an end. Otherwise people keep things open ended.
    Amol palekar believes in hope and resilience of human nature.

     
  • At 30/9/07 7:39 PM, Blogger Ashish said…

    Hey Bhartesh I realized that it was you who actually brought all the three movies. So I am counting on you to find put the other movies also. Hope and resilience do give a unique character to his movies.

     
  • At 8/10/07 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi..... again .. this is michel... Ashish sir,, sorry for saying you sir again,, but i really get inspiration from you all people who spare their time in this age of buty life,, especially when you are more concerned with the questions of life... i cant appreciat what i am feeling now.. i was having the habit to resolve the questions of life but this life has played a trik with me....a big deception.. anyways i will try to watch with movie too.. but i am not sure that i will get this movie in my city or not... hello to all other frietnds

     
  • At 9/10/07 10:25 AM, Blogger Ashish said…

    Hey Michel! We have the CD with us. You can borrow it next time you are in town. Looking forward to meet with you.

     
  • At 2/11/07 8:12 PM, Blogger Bhartesh Singh Thakur said…

    I am trying to get his Marathi films.

     
  • At 2/11/07 8:19 PM, Blogger Ashish said…

    That will be great. All the best man! :) By the way we enjoyed The Blue Umbrella.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home